In addition to Sage Pay for your debit/credit card we offer bank transfer, cheque and PayPal. Ensuring a safe and secure experience throughout.read more
- Guide To Hiring Reliable Contractors
Even if you are quite handy with power tools, you will eventually encounter a DIY project that requires you to bring in a contractor. This is no reflection on your abilities as a handyman. Some projects are simply too complex to get done on a bank holiday weekend, and other jobs, such as ones
- Tribal, Tiles, and Kirigami: Chic Ideas for Open Plan Living
At home I have an open plan kitchen/living area, and I’ve fallen in love with this light and natural wood flooring. There are several colours to choose from, ranging from traditional un-stained wood to soft grey, silver, and whites. Light colours and bold, wide planks will really make the room feel more spacious and inviting. Continue reading
- Top Five Things To Consider When Buying a New External Door
Did you know that your front door is one of the most important aspects of your home? Aside from the actual selection of the home in the first instance there are very few additions or modifications that the home owner can do to change the look and feel of the house they live in from the exterior.
- Graham and Brown Wallpaper, The New Superfresco Collection
Earlier this year, Graham & Brown launched the Superfresco Easy Intrigue collection of wallpaper. I like the look of this collection for a couple of reasons. Firstly, it’s printed on Non-woven wallpaper. Non-woven paper is the easy to hang, easy to remove stuff that makes life so much easier for those of us that like to change our living room décor frequently. I’ve dealt with enough difficult walls and watery wallpaper paste at work so when I’m decorating my own home I like things to be as hassle free as possible. Continue reading
- The Consumer’s Guide to Hiring a Contractor
Even the most avid of DIY enthusiasts will occasionally need to bring in a contractor. Some projects, such as building an extension to accommodate your growing family, or getting insulation or storm windows, can be too time consuming to take on as a side project.
- Feng Shui and Its Effect on Western Interior Design
Feng Shui, The Atkins Diet, Scientology. Just three of an endless list of fads and self help crazes that have been promoted by celebrities like Cameron Diaz or Cher, gaining notoriety whether they are based on scientific fact and study or not. As you may know, Feng Shui is an eastern philosophy originating thousands of years ago in ancient China, well before Cameron Diaz was even born though we’re not sure about Cher. Changes in what is decided as fashionable taste affect a huge array of aspects of how we live our lives, much more than the type of shoes we wear or how tight our jeans are. It affects the sports we do, what you eat, what you drink (even what your car drinks). But what exactly is it and how does it relate to western interior design? Continue reading
- How To Build An Internal Doorway - Fitting Door Linings
This is the second part in the series on how to build an internal doorway. The first part was concerned with the creation of a doorway in a plasterboard wall where one currently does not exist.
- UK Oak Doors Customer Photo Competition 2012
It is that time of year again! Once again we are giving you the chance to win some great prizes simply by sending in your photographs. They can be external or internal doors, skirting, architrave or accessories but they do need to be in a setting rather than standing alone in or out of a box! It's really up to you what you want to feature in the images.
1st Prize: £450 voucher to spend on our UK Oak Doors site.
2nd Prize: £250 voucher to spend on the site.
3rd Prize: £150 voucher to spend on the site.
Plus we are also offering an extra bonus prize of a digital camera for the most inventive picture with the biggest 'wow' factor!
As well as a wide variety of internal and external doors, UK Oak Doors also sell ironmongery, architrave, skirting boards, designer handles and more.
The lucky winners will receive voucher codes which they can use for any goods on the site.
To enter the competition simply email us with your door pictures and send along with your name, address and telephone number to [email protected]
You have until midnight on the 14th of December to enter. The winners will be notified by email within 48 hours of closing.
As a guide, photos should be high quality and no more than 10MB. Make sure the products are in situ and best of luck!
Terms and Conditions:
- The first prize is a £450 voucher, the second prize is a £250 voucher and the third prize is a £150 voucher to spend at www.ukoakdoors.co.uk. Any spend exceeding these amounts must be covered by the winners. All prizes are non transferable and there are no cash alternatives.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
- Entrants must send their picture(s) along with their name, address and telephone number to [email protected] Failure to do both will result in exclusion from the draw.
- You must be a resident of the United Kingdom in order to be eligible for the competition.
- Entrants can submit up to four photos but only one photo by any individual entrant can be included in the final shortlist.
- Images may be digitally enhanced to remove spots or scratches, but not manipulated. Entrants can enhance the picture to make it brighter, clearer etc, but not manipulate the content. UK Oak Doors and the judges reserve the right to exclude any image they believe may have been excessively treated so as to alter its authenticity.
- Employees of UK Oak Doors, their immediate families, press, agencies, sponsors and commercial partners or any other persons directly or indirectly connected with the competition are not eligible to enter the competition.
- The winners will be chosen from all valid entries. Images will be judged on originality, composition, overall impact and artistic merit.
- The winners will be notified by email within 48 hours of the competition closing.
- The winners will then have seven days to respond. If the winner does not respond within seven days of receiving the winning email, another winner will be drawn.
- The winners will then have 6 months in which to redeem the offer.
- The order to redeem the prize must be placed over the telephone and confirmed by email.
- The Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition will run from 15/11/2011 until 14/12/2011.
- All images submitted must be the work of the individual submitting them and must not have been published elsewhere or have won a prize in any other photographic competition. It is the responsibility of each entrant to ensure that any images they submit have been taken with the permission of the subject and do not infringe the copyright of any third party or any laws. Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Copyright in all images submitted for this competition remains with the respective entrants. However, in consideration of their providing the Competition, each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to UK Oak Doors to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this competition.
- UK Oak Doors are compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent.
- Entry and participation in the competition shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance by you of these Terms.
- How To Build An Internal Doorway – Creating the Doorway in a Stud Wall
We are often asked how to build an internal doorway which is quite an open question as there are two very different circumstances people may actually be asking about.