Thursday the 5th of June is World Environment Day, a global appeal to encourage awareness and action for the environment.
As a company who source only sustainable wood, deforestation is an issue close to our hearts, and we want to help spread the message by encouraging people all over the UK to plant a tree, and for each tree planted we will make a donation to The Tree Council.
Deforestation causes soil erosion, affects water cycles, destroys habitats, and contributes to flooding, drought, and climate change.
To help fight the effects of deforestation in the UK, and help spread awareness of its impact worldwide we’re asking you to plant a tree, take a photo, and Tweet the photo with the following message:
#stopdeforestation: planting a tree for #WorldEnvironmentDay @UKOakDoors
If you don’t have Twitter, you can email your photo to us at [email protected]
For advice on choosing, planting, and caring for a tree, please click here.
For every photo received (by either Twitter or email) we will donate £5 to The Tree Council, the UK’s lead charity for promoting the importance of trees and their proper care in communities and organisations across the UK.
Where to buy trees
You can purchase tree saplings from tree nurseries and most garden centres. Alternatively you can order them online from:
Terms and Conditions:
- To participate in UK Oak Doors' activity for World Environment Day you need to plant a tree and capture the moment on camera.You can then send us the photo via either Twitter, with the message:‘#stopdeforestation: planting a tree for #WorldEnvironmentDay @UKOakDoors’Or via email: [email protected]
- For each photo received (by either Twitter or email) UK Oak Doors will make a £5 donation to The Tree Council
- You are welcome to send us multiple photos, but UK Oak Doors will only make one donation per participant
- Each participant will also be entered into a prize draw to win a Friend of the Tree Council membership and a tree goody bag
- Photos will be checked for authenticity – photos found to be forged will void both the donation and prize draw entry
- The winner will be notified by email within 48 hours of the competition closing
- The winner will then have seven days to respond. If the winner does not respond within seven days of receiving the winning email, another winner will be drawn
- Entries from all ages are welcome
- Entries from UK only please
- All photos/entries must be received by 5pm on Thursday the 12th June
- The prize draw winner will be notified within 7 days after the closing date. They will then have 48 hours to respond, after which another winner will be chosen
- Full details of the donation made will be available on our blog within two weeks commencing the 12th June
- Each entrant grants a worldwide, irrevocable, perpetual licence to UK Oak Doors to feature any or all of the submitted images in any of their publications, their websites and/or in any promotional material connected to this activity
- UK Oak Doors are compliant with the data protection act. Our policy is such that we will not pass on your details to any third party without your prior consent